What Can a Mini Tummy Tuck Do For Me?
After pregnancy or simply as a result of aging, many of us experience sagging skin and excess fat in our abdominal area. However, your case may not require as much alteration as a standard tummy tuck involves. To help you achieve a more athletic-looking midsection, Dr. John Zavell in Toledo, OH, can perform a mini tummy tuck. Depending on your needs and physical characteristics, a partial abdominoplasty can be an excellent option for you. During a consultation, he can determine if you are a candidate for this procedure.
A mini tummy tuck requires a smaller incision.
Benefits of a Mini Tummy Tuck
Patients who undergo a mini tummy tuck can benefit from:
- Less scaring: Dr. Zavell will make a small incision to access your lower abdominal area, resulting in smaller scars. A partial abdominoplasty often does not require the repositioning of the navel.
- Shorter recovery: Because a mini tummy tuck involves less alteration than a traditional tummy tuck, patients can benefit from a shorter recovery timeline. Most patients are able to return to work within one to three weeks of surgery.
- Enhanced figure: After the swelling has subsided, patients can begin enjoying their new figure. A tighter waistline and greater confidence at the pool or beach can be yours by undergoing a mini tummy tuck.
A mini tummy tuck can benefit those who are close to their ideal body type but struggle with lax skin and fat deposits that will not respond to diet or exercise.
Am I a Candidate for a Mini Tummy Tuck?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Zavell will determine if you are a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck. Candidates should:
- Be near their ideal weight
- Not plan to have future pregnancies
- Be finished breastfeeding
- Need only moderate treatment of excess skin, fat, or stretched muscles near the lower abdomen
- Wish to achieve a more toned midsection
- Be willing to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle following surgery
Dr. Zavell will conduct a careful analysis of your medical history and other factors to determine if you can safely undergo surgery.
A Look at the Tummy Tuck Procedure
Dr. Zavell will perform the procedure at a nearby surgical center. Once you are sedated and comfortable, Dr. Zavell will make a small incision at or above the pubic region. Using the incision to access your abdominal area, Dr. Zavell will tighten weakened abdominal muscles if needed, and he will remove excess skin and fat. Liposuction is usually part of the procedure. The remaining skin is then pulled tight and the incision is sutured closed. The surgeon may place a drainage tube to aid in recovery.
Pain and discomfort following surgery can be addressed with over-the-counter or prescription pain medications. Patients should plan to rest and avoid strenuous physical activity. Exercise should be avoided until cleared by Dr. Zavell, although it is advisable to take short walks during recovery to prevent blood clots from forming. Individuals who have undergone a mini tummy tuck should:
- Follow recovery guidelines carefully
- Wear the compression garment as advised
- Report bleeding or pronounced pain to Dr. Zavell
Call Dr. Zavell’s Office Today
A mini tummy tuck can benefit those who are close to their ideal body type but struggle with lax skin and fat deposits that will not respond to diet or exercise. If you are interested in learning more about how a mini tummy tuck can deliver the body you’ve been hoping for, contact our office online or call (419) 359-8002.
“The decision to undergo cosmetic surgery is a very personal one and our mission is to honor that choice by jointly cultivating a treatment plan that will deliver results personally crafted for you.” Dr. Zavell