Tone Your Figure with a Body Lift
Individuals with excess skin can benefit from a body lift at our Toledo, OH, plastic surgery practice. Dr. John F. Zavell can perform a body lift for patients struggling with stretched or sagging skin due to substantial weight loss. This comprehensive treatment combines two or more body contouring procedures to help patients achieve the look they desire. A body lift may include an arm lift, thigh lift, liposuction, tummy tuck, and more, based on your unique needs. For your comfort, we offer general anesthesia and IV sedation to help make you feel less anxious and more relaxed during the procedure.
Who Is a Candidate for a Body Lift?
If you have lost a significant amount of weight, either through diet and exercise or bariatric surgery, a body lift could be a good option for you. Candidates for this procedure should not smoke and should be in good general health with no history of autoimmune disease, bleeding disorders, or other serious medical concerns. In addition, patients must be at a stable weight, with no significant fluctuations for at least three months. During a consultation at our practice, Dr. Zavell will review your health history and current medications in detail to determine your eligibility for this procedure.
If you have lost a significant amount of weight, either through diet and exercise or bariatric surgery, a body lift could be a good option for you.
Commonly Combined Procedures
Since each individual is unique, a body lift will be customized to the needs of every patient. Some of the most common procedures involved in a body lift include:
- Arm lift: To reduce sagging skin on the upper arm area, Dr. Zavell can perform this procedure through incisions on the back or inside of your arm.
- Thigh lift: Patients who have stubborn fat deposits in the upper legs can benefit from a thigh lift. During this procedure, excess fat is removed and the area is re-sculpted for a smoother appearance.
- Breast lift: This procedure is performed to help patients achieve a shapelier, more youthful-looking bust line.
- Tummy tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck eliminates excess skin and tightens the abdominal muscles for a tighter, more sculpted appearance.
- Liposuction: This procedure can be performed on a number of areas – including the arms, legs, abdomen, buttocks, and more – to remove unwanted fat deposits and create a sleeker, smoother appearance.
The Risks and Benefits of a Body Lift
As with any surgical procedure, there are certain side effects following a body lift. For example, patients will experience swelling, bruising, inflammation, and numbness, among other possible side effects. Fortunately, these are temporary and can be managed with prescription medications and over-the-counter pain relievers.
In rare instances, serious complications could occur. These may include deep vein thrombosis, infections, undesirable scarring, necrosis of the tissue. bleeding, and unsatisfactory results. Due to modern advances, a body lift can be performed safely and successfully in most cases. Patients who choose this treatment can enjoy a slimmer, more toned figure, as well as a significant boost in confidence and self-esteem.
Why Choose Dr. Zavell?
Dr. Zavell is a board-certified cosmetic surgeon with over 20 years of experience. He adheres to the highest level of care and treats each patient the same way he would treat a member of his own family. Patients who choose to undergo treatment at our practice will receive unparalleled care in a friendly, compassionate, and informative environment.
Is a Body Lift Right for You?
Are you self-conscious about excess, sagging skin? If so, a body lift could be a solution for you. To explore your candidacy for this treatment option, schedule a visit to our practice. Contact us online or call our office at (419) 871-9765.