Slim Down Your Legs with a Thigh Lift
The upper legs can be stubborn when it comes to weight loss. Even with diet and exercise, many people find it difficult to eliminate fat and cellulite in this area.
For those frustrated patients, Dr. John F. Zavell can reshape the thighs for improved firmness and definition with a thigh lift at his Toledo, OH, practice. With nearly 25 years of experience in body contouring, he has helped many patients with the latest techniques for unparalleled results.
Understanding Thigh Lifts
A thigh lift is a cosmetic procedure that eliminates fat deposits and excess skin for leaner, shapelier upper legs. This treatment is an excellent option to undo the effects of age or substantial weight loss. Depending on your unique needs, Dr. Zavell may recommend one of several techniques:
- Medial Lift: Designed for individuals who have undergone excessive weight loss, this technique focuses on the upper portion of the inner thigh. Dr. Zavell will usually make an incision from the groin area to the lower crease of the buttock.
- Bilateral Lift: Also called an “outer thigh lift”, this technique addresses problematic areas around the outer and frontal portions of the leg. Dr. Zavell will make an incision around the upper area of the leg that wraps around to the hip or buttock.
- Inner Lift: This technique focuses on what is often a problem area for many patients. Dr. Zavell will make an incision where the thigh meets the pubic area to minimize scarring.
- Mini Lift: This technique exclusively targets sagging skin in the upper third of the leg. While less invasive than other options, the results are also less dramatic.
If you are hoping to eliminate fat, Dr. Zavell will incorporate liposuction into your thigh lift, as well.
As with any cosmetic surgery, individuals should be in good overall health to qualify for a thigh lift. It is most often recommended to patients who have:
- Undergone significant weight loss
- Developed fat deposits on thighs that do not respond to diet and exercise
- Thighs disproportionate to the rest of their body
- Avoided wearing shorts and swimwear out of discomfort with their body
Dr. Zavell can evaluate your candidacy and make appropriate recommendations based on your goals during an in-depth consultation.
Healing and Recovery
Dr. Zavell and his team provide detailed and thorough post-operative guidelines for every patient. Typically, it takes several weeks to heal fully from surgery. During this time, you will need to wear a compression garment to manage swelling and support your tissues.
A thigh lift can eliminate both fat and excess skin for a sleeker silhouette.
Most patients find they can return to work after two to three weeks. However, keep in mind you are still healing. Therefore, it is important to avoid putting excess pressure on the incision sites by sitting on pillows or cushions, which can offer additional support.
Patients should also avoid exercise or any strenuous activity until they are cleared by Dr. Zavell. Most patients can resume their exercise routine about six to eight weeks after the procedure.
Financing Options at Our Practice
We understand that spending money on a cosmetic procedure is a significant decision. However, cost should not deter you from the treatment you deserve. That is why we offer several financing options at our practice, including CareCredit®, M-Lend Financial, and Directions Credit Union. Dr. Zavell and his team are committed to helping you become the best version of yourself.
Why Choose Dr. Zavell?
Cosmetic surgery is much more than a profession to Dr. Zavell: it is his passion. Every day, he strives to help his patients achieve their aesthetic goals for an improved quality of life. With nearly 25 years of experience, Dr. Zavell is dedicated to continuing education and training so he can provide the latest in technology and body contouring techniques to those under his care.
Contour Your Thighs
A thigh lift can eliminate both fat and excess skin for a sleeker silhouette. Call us at (419) 534-6551 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with Dr. Zavell and design a fully personalized treatment plan.